Did you know that if you are selling or mortgaging your church-owned property you are required to notify us? See paragraph 6400 in the Book of Discipline.Book of Discipline
Buying Real Estate for your Church
“Get our 12-step guide to buying church property”
Checklist for the Purchase of Real Estate”
Sale of Church-owned property or Mortgage of Church-owned property
Here is the form to fill out if you are selling church-owned property:
Application to Sell Church Property
Here is the form to fill out if you are mortgaging church-owned property:
Application for Permission to Mortgage Church Property
Requirements for submission:
- Please make sure you answer every question on the form.
- Forms must be signed by
- Pastor in Charge
- Conference Superintendent
- Secretary of Society (if church owned) or the Secretary of the Conference
(if conference owned).
- Mail copies of the following to Free Methodist World Ministries Center, 770 N High School Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46214.
- Signed Forms
- Copy of the Deed
- Meeting minutes from local Board
If the form is incomplete or the deed is not included, the process is halted and either the church or conference will be contacted regarding the missing information.
Please feel free to contact Karen Kinnaman if you have any questions or concerns regarding the process of selling church-owned property or mortgaging church-owned property.
You can email her at Pamela.Babcock@fmcusa.org
or call her at 1-800-342-5531 ext. 323