Assist in day-to-day operational systems and processes for FM Communications by supporting the Director of Communications in ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, and efficiency of department operations through the provision of effective communications methods, strategies and customer support. This role requires a leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the organization’s vision and culture.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day to ensure smooth progress and accountability
- Liaise with director to execute operational activities, strategic goals, and project management
- Liaise with director to manage processes, staff and coordinate department resources for advancement
- Oversee support process and organize to enhance partner, customer and constituent satisfaction overall
- Manage relationships with external partners and vendors for LIGHT + LIFE Communications department
- Facilitate the evaluation of overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting inter-department
data and metrics in coordination with director
- Support director with clerical tasks including, but not limited to:
- Plan meetings: schedule time and space, log precise minutes, and review with director.
- Provide information: calls for director or connect callers to appropriate people.
- Schedule team appointments and update department calendar.
- Manage expense reports, travel arrangements and reservations for director.
- Respond to requests via mail, email and telephone regarding inquiries, materials and other issues.
- Distribute and process LIGHT+LIFE Magazine (LLM) and FREEMO Journals (FMJ) renewals and circulation management.
- Interdepartmental human resources coordinator:
- Delegate tasks and accountabilities
- Establish work schedules and supervise staff calendars
- Monitor and evaluate performance in coordination with director
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and take extreme initiative.
- Handle multiple priorities simultaneously in fast-paced, deadline-focused environment.
- Creative, positive, service-oriented attitude and willingness to learn and contribute.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to interpret minimal instructions and to work independently
with minimal direction or supervision.
- Fosters positive working relationships with the team, organization, constituents and vendors.
- Understands and communicates denominational values, vision and priorities.
- A Free Methodist background is helpful but not required.
Interested individuals should submit an online application at: http://fmcusa.org/hr/employment-application including a resume and statement of faith.Click Here to Apply