Full-Time On-Site DEPARTMENT: LIGHT & LIFE COMMUNICATIONS
Interested in making a difference? We have a great atmosphere working on things that matter at the denominational headquarters of the Free Methodist Church – USA. Competitive salary, and a chance to learn and grow, plus great benefits including 100 percent employer paid pension.
The Designer is in charge of print and graphics design projects for the communications department of the Free Methodist Church – USA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate on a monthly publication, Light and Life Magazine, and its Spanish counterpart, Revista Luz y Lida.
• Design print or graphic projects as needed for Free Methodist Church – USA Communications and other departments within the World Ministry Center.
• Keep up with industry trends and participate in knowledge exchanges with peers.
• Network with other Free Methodist communication professionals and department peers.
• Create and enforce proper branding protocols for FMCUSA, LIGHT+LIFE and related partners.
• Assist with enforcing the proper usage of logos, etc., to ensure that the outward face of the denomination remains strong and cohesive.
• Regularly communicate (in person or via telephone, Skype, e-mail or similar tool) with LIGHT+LIFE, WMC and other partners/constituents to ensure progress
on projects and objectives is continually achieved.
• Utilize and regularly update tools such as Basecamp collaboration software to track progress toward project milestones and completion of relevant tasks,
and track work time on a weekly basis to document accomplishments and quantify performance metrics.
• Manage other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure LIGHT+LIFE successfully accomplishes its departmental goals and objectives on behalf of
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphics design or commensurate experience is preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience in print and/or graphics design preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
• Strong portfolio showcasing both print and digital mediums.
• Basic knowledge of typography and aesthetics.
• Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, resources and trends.
• Ability to prioritize, manage time, be flexible and handle multiple projects with varying deadlines in a multi-task environment.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong organizational follow-through and attention to detail.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision.
• Relates well to people; able to communicate and receive instructions precisely.
• Ability to work with a team and collaborate frequently
• Fosters positive working relationships with the team, organization, constituents and vendors.
• Understands and communicates denominational values.
• A Free Methodist background is helpful.
Regularly required to talk, hear, see, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse and communicate via telephone and internet (including teleconferencing and videoconferencing). Vision requirements include the ability to navigate while traveling domestically. Requires long periods of sitting in front of a computer screen.
Required to work in main office campus. Interact with department meetings, consultation, and community development with other staff at the World Ministry Center.
Interested individuals should submit an online application at http://fmcusa.org/hr/employment-application including a resume and statement of faith.