Free Methodist Communications Sales Executive – 25 hours per week The Sales Executive creates and builds up business and sales activities within the various channels of FMCUSA. This person is responsible for discovering, pursuing and closing new sales prospects and maintaining customer satisfaction. The goal is to meet and surpass the organization’s expectations to drive and sustain sales growth. This position resides at the World Ministries Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
• Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and mixed media
• Set up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns
• Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services
• Create monthly reviews and reports with sales and financial data
• Negotiate and close deals and handle complaints or objections
• Collaborate with team to achieve better results
• Answer and direct incoming switchboard phone calls (as needed) OTHER DUTIES:
• Create and enforce proper sales protocols for FMCUSA, LIGHT + LIFE and related partners
• Regularly communicate (in person or via telephone, Skype, e-mail or similar tool) with LIGHT+LIFE, WMC and other partners/constituents to ensure progress on
projects and objectives is continually achieved
• Utilize and regularly update tools such as Basecamp collaboration software to track progress toward project milestones and completion of relevant tasks, and
track work time on a weekly basis to document accomplishments and quantify performance metrics
• Manage other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure LIGHT+LIFE successfully accomplishes its goals and objectives QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or commensurate experience is preferred.
• 2-3 years’ experience in sales is preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Strong portfolio showcasing both print and digital mediums.
• Proficient in researching, tracking and organizing information.
• Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, resources and trends.
• Ability to prioritize, manage time, be flexible and handle multiple projects with varying deadlines in a multi-task environment.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and follow-through skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision.
• Relates well to people; able to communicate and receive instructions precisely.
• Ability to work with a team and relational openness.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Fosters positive working relationships with the team, organization, constituents and vendors.
• Understands and communicates denominational values.
• A Free Methodist background is helpful.
Regularly required to talk, hear, see, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse and communicate via telephone and internet (including teleconferencing and videoconferencing). Vision requirements include the ability to navigate while traveling domestically. Requires long periods of sitting in front of a computer screen.
Required to work in main office campus. Interact with department meetings, consultation, and community development with other staff at the World Ministries Center. Interested individuals should submit an online application at http://fmcusa.org/hr/employment-application including a resume and statement of faith.