Freedom Church in New Middletown, OH (Youngstown) is seeking someone who is called and led by the Holy Spirit to direct and lead our church in passionate worship. Freedom Church has a welcoming, contemporary atmosphere. We are a Bible-based church whose purpose is “To Find, Free and Heal the Lost Bound and Broken.”
As Worship Leader/Director, you will:
• Effectively lead the congregation in musical worship, both vocally and instrumentally.
• Understand and have the ability to utilize chord charts and sheet music.
• To help in the planning and facilitating of Freedom Church’s worship experience: Sunday mornings & special services (Christmas, Easter etc.).
• Coordinate and schedule worship team volunteers.
• Schedule rehearsals and provide Godly leadership throughout (currently Wednesday evenings).
• Regularly work with the media/tech team; utilizing technology and planning tools to create schedules, direct volunteers, and manage/enhance worship.
• Possess organizational and communication skills, including written, oral, and multimedia.
• Make song selections that align with the values of Freedom Church and message themes.
• Attend staff meetings if schedule permits.
And have fun!
• Possess a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is evident in lifestyle, both inside and outside the church.
• Demonstrate proficiency in guitar and/or keys as well as vocals; previous worship leading experience preferred but not required.
• Have some previous experience in team leadership.
nterested applicants should email a resume along with a cover letter to Pastor Chris Schimel – email@example.com or contact him at 716-581-1315 for more information about this position.
Freedom Church is a healthy, growing, loving Church in Northeast Ohio! Check out our app – go to Freedom Church Ohio.
We intend to close this posting and no longer receive applications as of Saturday, September 1, 2018.