Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President/Chief Executive Officer (P/CEO) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Olive Branch Mission’s staff, programs, and execution of its mission. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. She or he will have deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans and is responsible for the protection of Olive Branch Mission assets and careful stewardship of the fiscal and operational integrity of the Mission.
Leadership & Management:
• Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
• Responsible for facilitating the implementation of the current vision and strategic plan initiatives by developing short term and long term goals for the Board of Directors.
• Oversee the development of the annual operating and capital budgets working closely with the Director of Finance and others with a focus on stewardship and accountability.
• Actively engage and energize Olive Branch Mission’s donors, board members, volunteers, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
• Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the Africa mission projects.
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain Olive Branch Mission’s high-performance senior management team
• Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and donors.
Fundraising & Communications:
• Aggressively expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations.
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
• Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
• Cultivate and maintain continued contact with potential and existing major donors, corporate and foundation executives to encourage and maintain gifts and to make special requests for large gifts (i.e., capital campaigns, anniversary celebrations, debt retirement)
Planning & New Business:
• Design the local expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets.
• Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders.
• Be an external presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for future expansion or replication.
The P/CEO will be thoroughly committed to Olive Branch Mission’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
• Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic
objectives, and manage a budget
• Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
• Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
• Prior experience preferred working with individuals and families in housing transition, housing crisis, chronic homelessness, substance abuse and
• Competitive Salary
• Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Options
• 403B Retirement Plan
• Paid personal leave time
8 Paid holidays
Please mail/email or fax resume or curriculum vitae to:
Olive Branch Mission
Attention Katrina Coleman
2636 W. Marquette Road
Chicago, Illinois 60629
No calls please..