To provide leadership to the worship ministry and communications at Ypsilanti Free Methodist.
About the Position:
The worship pastor will produce each worship service. She/he will be the visionary who creatively leads people into God’s presence. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. As communication director, this position will lead a creative team focused on branding the church and ministries through story, graphics and creative outlets, such as social media, website, video, photography, and print. This is a fulltime position.
Abilities & Qualities:
• A pastoral heart for the spiritual formation of individuals in the congregation and worship ministry team
• Skilled and demonstrated ability in leading vocally and instrumentally and in giving reproducible direction. Degree in music or worship arts or 3 years equivalent
• Enthusiastic and engaging presence demonstrated in leading worship
• Experienced in listening and responding to the Holy Spirit in worship
• Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection.
• Organization, administration, and written communication skills are second nature. Able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
• Highly collaborative and teamwork-focused
• Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ taking next steps through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and community
• Commit to the mission and vision of YFM
• Intentional in developing relationships with lost people to pursue the mission of Jesus.
• Build teams to carry out the worship and communication areas of YFM
• Plan the corporate worship services of YFM in consultation with the lead pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure all musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Overseeing song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalist and vocalists
• Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services
• Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services
• Introduce our worship teams to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences
• Develop worship and communication department budget, organization, and volunteers
• Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes
• Create creative communication strategies across all platforms to inform and promote church and ministries. Possessing a “good design eye”
• Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year
Please respond by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information of interest to applicants.
YFM is an established church proven to be resilient in living Jesus’ mission. In 113 years YFM has been a partner in planting church’s both locally and globally, developing pastors and missionaries and making disciples in our community for our community.
Today, YFM is a gathering of people living out love intentionally for and with Jesus. We believe encountering and engaging Jesus requires grace and truth. Gathering in community is a primary intersection for this encounter. Therefore, Gatherings (services), small groups and serving together become vehicles of opportunity for the YFM community to live on mission.
We intend on closing this posting and no longer receive applications as of Thursday, February 28, 2019.