Northgate FMC Opens Second Campus

By John Keller

In response to a growing congregation and an increasing desire to offer a smaller venue option for worship, Northgate FMC, Batavia NY, officially launched its south campus on Oct. 2.

Northgate FMC south campusThe new campus is located in Northgate’s old building, which has been completely renovated to give the sanctuary and foyer an updated, modern feel.

The addition of a new café adds to the casual atmosphere of the lobby. Upgrades were made to all the technology components and include a 7-foot-by-11-foot HD screen where the sermons from the north campus are shown.

All other elements of the service are live, including acoustic worship music. Campus Pastor John Keller came on staff at Northgate in March 2011 to lead this satellite church.

The support of the congregation of Northgate has been outstanding: from financially backing the new ministry, to a launch team of 25 talented and committed volunteers to a faithful prayer team of more than 100 individuals.

Northgate south campus logoWe have been encouraged following each weekend service by having the opportunity to minister to new guests. These people were invited by friends and family or heard that something new was going on at this campus, and we’re delighted to share this time with them.

We are excited that this campus is offering our community another place where they can connect to God and find out that they matter to Him. Please pray that the passion and energy behind this doesn’t just fizzle out because the launch is over, but instead that we would keep the vision that has brought this team together, and continue to build a campus that thrives on and revolves around community.

7 Responses to Northgate FMC Opens Second Campus

1. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /nas/content/live/fmcusa/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-comments.php on line 63

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /nas/content/live/fmcusa/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-comments.php on line 64
    Linda Lyles
    October 21, 2011 at 10:31 am #

Growing up without God seemed normal as a child. I didn’t know anyone who went to church or read the Bible so it seemed ok that I didn’t either. Growing up with emotionally abusive, alcoholic parents who were physically abusive with eachother seemed normal as a child too until I went to other people’s houses and saw a better way. It has taken me a long time and alot of mistakes but I have finally seen a better way again. The Lord’s Way. I still have the self-esteem issues and the people and situations trying to hold me down but now there’s hope. Pastor Leland K. Crist of The Holiday Free Methodist Church in Holiday, Florida is helping me on my journey to Heaven. I am saved. I am forgiven. It is still hard to get to church for me and I have to read my Bible is secret but with God I know that everything is going to be ok. I am still new to all of this and get confused and scared and pressured but I will never give up. There is now hope for me and there is hope for everyone who wants it, seeks it out and asks for it. It is hard but it is worth it. It is all that really matters. It is everything. It is eternal. It is God.

2. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /nas/content/live/fmcusa/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-comments.php on line 63

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /nas/content/live/fmcusa/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-comments.php on line 63
    Richard Dickinson
    October 26, 2011 at 5:09 pm #

What an encouragement Northgate …reaching the lost at any cost! It won’t fizzle, it will sizzle!

3. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /nas/content/live/fmcusa/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-comments.php on line 63

Mike Hopper
    October 26, 2011 at 9:03 pm #

How exciting to hear of the second campus approach to expand ministry. That might be something for our church to consider in the future.

4. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /nas/content/live/fmcusa/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-comments.php on line 63

Donna J Cohagan
    November 15, 2011 at 9:40 pm #

Where is Northgate?

• Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /nas/content/live/fmcusa/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-comments.php on line 63

qstr
      March 16, 2012 at 6:49 am #

I wondered too. I can’t tell from the post.
      North of its south campus, surely.
      Happy quest.

Katrina
        April 23, 2012 at 8:35 am #

Northgate is in Batavia, NY. When they initally built their new building, this building was put up for sale. It didn’t sell, so they started using it for other areas of ministry. This south campus is 1-2 miles from the north campus.

5. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /nas/content/live/fmcusa/wp-content/themes/canvas/includes/theme-comments.php on line 63

Sue Harkins
    January 4, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

John – I am so excited for you and Amy as you launch Northgate’s south campus. Indeed, I’m guessing that many people will prefer the smaller congregation. I was thrilled to see how many people are praying for this ministry. With your leadership and consistent committed “non-ordained fellow ministers” I am certain that this church plant will not fizzle. Blessings to you and to Northgate’s south campus!