“Buying, Selling or Mortgaging your…”


Did you know that if you are selling or mortgaging your church-owned property you are required to notify us?  See paragraph 6400 in the Book of Discipline.

Book of Discipline

Buying Real Estate for your Church

“Get our 12-step guide to buying church property”
Checklist for the Purchase of Real Estate”

Sale of Church-owned property or Mortgage of Church-owned property

Here is the form to fill out if you are selling church-owned property:
Application to Sell Church Property

Here is the form to fill out if you are mortgaging church-owned property:
Application for Permission to Mortgage Church Property

Requirements for submission:

  • Please make sure you answer every question on the form.
  • Forms must be signed by
    • Lead Pastor (unless there is no located pastor)
    • Conference Superintendent
    • Secretary of Society (if church owned) or the Secretary of the Conference
      (if conference owned).
  • Either email (pamela.babcock@fmcusa.org) or mail copies of the following to Free Methodist World Ministries Center, 770 N High School Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46214. (email preferred)
    • Signed Forms
    • Copy of the Deed
    • Meeting minutes from local Board (With motion, seconded and carried)
    • Meeting minutes from the conference – may be digital (With motion, seconded and carried)

If the form is incomplete or the deed is not included, the process is halted and either the church or conference will be contacted regarding any missing information.

Please feel free to contact Pamela Babcock if you have any questions or concerns regarding the process of selling church-owned property or mortgaging church-owned property.

You can email her at Pamela.Babcock@fmcusa.org

or call Pam at 1-800-342-5531 ext. 323