Click Here To Access Secure Resources
– This is a list of resources which can only be accessed with a password provided by VISA Team.
– Here is a list of books we recommend. Topics include everything from raising support before you go to living abroad with your family.
– Do you need to write a letter telling your family and friends what you are hoping to do on a mission trip? This may guide may help you get a little jump start.
– Need to raise money for your mission trip? Check out our list of fun and effective ideas for fund-raising.
PREPARE YOUR HEART
– Dig into the Word and dig deep! Don't quit in your pursuit of holiness! Maturity isn't instantaneous.
SHAPE UP FOR MISSION
– Here’s a “personal fitness training” program with three levels – self awareness, sensitivity, and practical skills. Greater self awareness will lead to greater sensitivity which, in turn, will help you develop greater practical skills.
EXPECTATIONS FOR SHORT TERM MISSIONS
– Work on your expectations for missions before you go by understanding what it is that a short-term mission trip CAN and CANNOT do.
– These are guidelines to help you prepare for sharing your testimony with others.
CROSS CULTURAL DIFFERENCES
– Pay attention to these key attitudes and perspectives in order to effectively navigate cross-cultural differences. It's important to be sensitive to other people's needs when you are serving in an international environment.
– Wondering what vaccines you should get before your travel? Here's a list of immunization recommendations at common travel hot spots.
– Are you bringing the right things? Not someone who thinks of everything? This will help you take inventory and figure out what you need and if you have room to bring extras.
BEFORE YOU GO
– Here are a few things to be sure and check off your to-do list before you leave.