Serve as a coordinator of content for publications, web page and electronic communication between FMWM and the Communications Department of the Free Methodist Church – USA.
Reports to Deb Miller – Onsite
FLSA/Salary Classification: Part time (28 hours per week)
• Develop and maintain communication channels with FMWM missionaries and country leaders to
gain fresh information and content for stories of the worldwide work of the FMC.
• Provide content for updates to the FMWM Website. This includes information about
missionaries as well as stories for the news sections of the website. It does not
necessitate writing the stories, but gathering from missionaries and country leaders.
• Provide content and produce the weekly prayer Hotline for FMWM.
• Provide content and arrange production of the Mission Alive Curriculum.
• Direct the content of the monthly Heartbeat newsletter.
• Provide content for the FMWM Annual Report.
• Provide content and manage the FMWM social media.
• Oversee the content for the Annual Prayer Guide.
• Assist with content for General Conference promotional material.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Operations and Innovative Initiatives.
Qualifications (Knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics)
• A growing and deep personal relationship with Christ and a heart for missions
• Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education with cross-cultural interests
• Ability to work collaboratively with in-office and overseas staff
• Competent in Microsoft Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher
• Ability to work independently and use discretionary judgment
• Able to maintain confidentiality, with a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong customer service/people skills
• General office skills
Physical demands: Regularly required to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone.
Environment: Regular interaction with other employees and guests. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
Interested individuals should submit an online application at http://fmcusa.org/hr/employment-application/ and include a resume and a statement of faith where it is indicated.