The Free Methodist Church realizes the financial burden that occurs when candidates continue their education and training for ministry. Through Leadership Development the John Wesley Seminary Foundation grant/loan has been set up to help ease this burden.
John Wesley Seminary Foundation (JWSF) Grant/Loan
- Conference Ministerial Candidate (minimum)
- Pursuing full-time ministry in the Free Methodist Church.
- Enrolled in a masters program in biblical, theological, missiological or pastor studies at a JWSF affiliated school.
John Wesley Seminary Foundation Affiliated Schools
- Asbury Theological Seminary – Wilmore, KY; Orlando, FL campuses
- Azusa Pacific University/Graduate School of Theology, Azusa, CA
- George Fox Evangelical Seminary, Portland, OR
- Northeastern Seminary at Roberts Wesleyan College, Rochester, NY
- Seattle Pacific Seminary, Seattle, WA
- Wesley Biblical Seminary, Jackson, MS
- Complete JWSF Grant/Loan application.
- Sign JWSF Grant/Loan Repayment Agreement.
- Submit the digital application below, or download a copy and mail to FMC-USA, JWSF Grant, 770 N. High School Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46214.
Deadlines for JWSF Applications are: FALL – June 30 and SPRING – November 30
- JWSF office will seek superintendent and Ministerial Education and Guidance (MEG) Board recommendation regarding applicant’s gifts and graces for ministry, progress in ministry preparation and commitment to the vision and mission of the FMC.
- JWSF office will grant approval subject to availability of funds.
- Approval letter will be sent to applicant.
- Funds will be sent directly to the school.
- Annual renewal is required, following the above process. (Click this link to download a hard copy application.)
Grant/Loan Repayment Agreement
The John Wesley Seminary Foundation Grant/Loan is considered a tuition grant for those who repay through full-time appointed service in the Free Methodist Church-USA. A 20 percent reduction each year is granted. The loan is forgiven after five years of full-time service.
Repayment of the JWSF Grant/Loan to the Free Methodist Church is based upon the following:
- Full-time appointment to a Free Methodist ministry by an annual conference.
- Full-time appointment through Free Methodist World Missions.
- Full-time military or institutional chaplaincy appointment, endorsed by the denomination.
- Full-time administrative appointment by the Free Methodist denomination.
- Full-time faculty or administrative appointment at a Free Methodist elementary, secondary, or post-secondary school.
The JWSF Grant/Loan becomes a loan when one is employed outside the Free Methodist Church. Repayment is over 10 years at six percent interest; to begin nine months after the degree is completed or the program is dropped.
Contact the Free Methodist Foundation at (800) 325-8975 for information about making contributions toward Free Methodist higher education. The Free Methodist Foundation will receipt all such contributions.