Transfer to the FMC

Ordained ministers who wish to transfer their credentials into the Free Methodist Church need to first contact the superintendent in the area where they wish to transfer.

After talking with the superintendent, the individual will need to send Ministerial Credentialing Services a transfer enrollment form (available from the conference office or MCS). Copies of ordination certificates as well as original transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended will need to be sent to MCS for evaluation.

A document showing that your ordination is current should also be sent to MCS. In determining the level of ordination to be recognized, equivalency is of most importance. No person may attain ordination status more easily by transfer from another denomination than through following the requirements of the Book of Discipline for all Free Methodist ministers. The candidates must qualify in full, both academically and in itinerant service.