“The purpose of the Pastor of Discipleship and Leadership Development is to advance and oversee an engaging and fruitful environment of connecting people to our community and nurturing disciples and leaders of Jesus Christ who will live out the mission and vision of Pearce Church.”
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Leadership Development: The Pastor of Discipleship and Leadership Development will be responsible for creating an environment of identifying, empowering and equipping leaders for service to the church and to the world.
• Small Group Ministry: Recognizing that discipleship happens best in small group community, the Pastor of Discipleship and Leadership Development will foster and oversee a vibrant and robust small group ministry where people will develop relationships (KNOW); mature in their faith (GROW); and discover opportunities to serve one another and the world (GO).
• Assimilation: The Pastor of Discipleship and Leadership Development will work to move people through “next steps” from being first time guests to dedicated members who live out the Pearce mission and vision by connecting people to community; opportunities to grow as disciples and leaders who look, live, and love like Jesus; and to opportunities to serve one another and the world by identifying and using their God-given gifts.
• Other-As part of the assimilation and discipleship process, the Pastor of Discipleship and Leadership Development will work with the Lead Staff and be responsible for the overall identification and preparation of individuals for baptism and membership.
Job Skills and Requirements:
• A clear calling to pastoral ministry.
• Displays a passion for being and making disciples of Jesus Christ that loves God and neighbor.
• Has a fruitful ministry record of connecting individuals to community, developing discipleship systems, and providing opporhmities and direction to serve.
• Has a baccalaureate degree in ministry, a Master of Divinity or an equivalent degree.
• Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Is a proven leader who is able to demonstrate strengths in developing and leading
teams, leaders, and systems.
Evaluation and Compensation:
The Pastor of Discipleship and Leadership Development reports to the Lead Pastor and will receive an annual performance review by the Lead Pastor. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Administrator, the Pearce Finance Committee and the Board.
Primary Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We intend to close this posting and no longer receive applications as of
Wednesday, August 1, 2018