Affordable, Flexible, Formative, Unique Curriculum for Kids Church.
In-Person or Online
Each lesson is provided in two formats: one designed for in-person teaching and the other designed for online teaching.
Social Media graphics and suggested post content are provided.
The Fruit of the Spirit and the Lord’s Prayer,
Bible lessons and object lessons,
Prayer Stations and Home Connection,
are the ways kids engage leading to spiritual formation
What is ROOTS: Fruit of the Spirit?
- A Curriculum where children Experience God.
- Children learn to live the Fruit of the Spirit.
- Prayer Stations guide children to give voice to their own prayers and discover that God answers prayer.
- Lectio Divina teaches kids to listen for the voice of God through meditating on the Word of God, discovering that God desires to talk with them personally.
- The “Hook” and Object Lessons provide creative ways for children to see how God works – opening their minds and hearts to watch for God at work every day.
- Home Connection gives families simple tools to discuss their faith together, pray together, and deepen their love for God together.
- Bibles and Journals are a part of ROOTS so that children deepen their love for what God has said and what He is saying today.
- Teaching ROOTS is about the joy of seeing kids awakened and enlivened to love God and love others as themselves.
- Teaching ROOTS is about helping families pray the Word of God with their children and over their children – enriching families in the faith.
- Teaching ROOTS is about making disciples of Jesus beginning at a very young age.
- Teaching ROOTS is not guided by a calendar or the need to complete a lesson in a given time frame.
- Teaching ROOTS is about following the lead of the Holy Spirit with your children and leaving margins for God to work in your gatherings.
- Teaching ROOTS comes with the freedom to pause or prolong content as needed for the spiritual growth of the children.
An Abundance of Content
- Every ROOTS lesson contains enough content for up to three gatherings.
- Suggested schedules give teachers guidance for lesson planning.
- Lessons contain[i]:
- The Hook – a captivating way to prepare children for the lesson.
- The Memory Verse – a passage of Scripture directly connected to a set of lessons.
- The Sermon – An engaging Scripture lesson.
- Prayer Basis/Prayer Stations – ROOTS: Fruit of the Spirit focuses on the Lord’s Prayer, teaching the children about the prayer, then engaging them in prayer stations based upon our Lord’s words.
- Object Lesson(s) – Creative ways to help children develop meaningful and lasting associations with the Bible story.
- Graphic, Video, and Printable Resources[ii] to accompany and enhance the children’s experience.
- Bible Verse Games[iii] – A suggested list of creative ways to mix up and use to help kids “hide the Word in their hearts.”
[i] Not every lesson contains every component. This is purposefully designed to create rhythms of learning and application.
[ii] Varies by lesson.
[iii] A complete list of Bible Verse games is included with the Teacher Resource Guide
Try "God-One and Three" a Sample Lesson
Try section 1, lesson 1 for free
Purchase and download.
$399 for the entire 37-lesson package
- SECTION ONE: Jesus, Love, and Joy (ten lessons)
- SECTION TWO: Peace, Patience, and Presence (ten lessons)
- SECTION THREE: Good-For-You Fruit (twelve lessons)
- SECTION FOUR: Christmas, Easter, Free Methodist History (five lessons